We are specialists in customer experience measurement and research. Founded in 1996, we have over 20 years of history and a proven track record of improving companies’ customer experience, satisfaction and loyalty. As a full-service agency we can help with every stage of your research journey, from planning your programme and developing your approach, through to carrying out the research and communicating your results.
We provide our clients with a range of research and focus on providing first class and actionable customer insight, enabling them to drive change from their customer research programmes. Visit the Research & Insight section for more details on how we can help your organisation.
Based in Huddersfield, 2 minutes away from local landmark 'Castle Hill', we're proud of our Yorkshire roots. We're not all flat caps and whippets, but we're not averse to a cup of Yorkshire tea and a slice of parkin! We'd be happy for you to drop in to our office to discuss your research project.
Here are some quick facts and figures about us:
- Founded in 1996 by Nigel Hill, author of the book: Customer Satisfaction - The Customer experience through the customer’s eyes
- Member of the Market Research Society (MRS) and we ensure the highest professional standards across all our research
- In-house field unit for telephone interviews (40 CATI stations conducting over 150,000 interviews each year)
- In-house development team for tailored surveying and reporting tools
- Over 825,000 surveys completed every year
- From our latest client survey, our Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) is 91.3% and we were rated 9.3 for ‘ease of doing business’
- ISO27001 (Information Security standard) accredited, we can guarantee your data is safe with us
- ISO9001 (Quality standard) accredited and continuously improving our systems
If you would like to know more about how TLF Research can help your organisation, complete our short form to contact us and a member of the team will be in touch.
Building lasting research partnerships
We carry out research across a wide range of sectors and help our clients place the customer at their centre of their business. We tailor our approach to the specific needs of the client and ensure that all our interviews, surveys and communications reflect their vision and values. Our current client list includes: The Institute of Customer Service, Saint-Gobain, VISA, Co-op, Ovo Energy, Nationwide, Biffa, Direct Line Group, Chelsea FC, Bright Horizons, Housing Associations across the UK and many more.
Training courses and webinars
Hosted by our research experts, our paid for training courses and free webinars will help develop your skills and knowledge across all aspects of Customer Experience measurement. Our Calendar of Events currently includes subjects such as: Customer Journey Mapping, Storytelling, Customer Centricity and Customer Surveys. Visit the Calendar of Events to book your place now!
UK Customer Satisfaction Index
Since 2008 we’ve been the research partner for the Institute of Customer Service’s UK Customer Satisfaction Index (UKCSI) - a national measure of customer satisfaction. The research covers over 30 measures of the customer experience in 13 sectors, for over 200 organisations. This is a really useful resource and can be used to benchmark your customer experience against the UK as a whole. Find the latest summary in the Our Thoughts section.